Saturday 28 September 2013

When I Walk

You know when there are so many thoughts bumping around in your head, and you just don't know where to start.

That's me, tonight.

When I Walk was more than I imagined.   More than I expected.

A filmmaking journey that took over 7 years to complete.  The story of Jason DaSilva's life with primary progressive MS is poignant, terrifying, yet uplifting and filled with love.  A story of courage and perseverance better than any I've seen before.

DaSilva conquers the topics of religion, life, and death, yet peppers the story with humility and humour.

My modified-ugly-cry appeared a few times; the waterproof mascara served me well.  This story, and this man, will stay with me forever.

I am in awe of the charismatic Jason DaSilva, and am so honoured to have met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment