Friday 27 June 2014

MS fast fact - Vertigo

It's been a very MS-y week.

With incredible vertigo now being added to my list of symptoms.

----

Dizziness is a common symptom of MS.  Personally, I feel off balance and lightheaded pretty much every day.  Less often, people with MS can have the sensation that they or their surroundings are spinning  - a condition known as vertigo. These symptoms are due to lesions in the areas of the brain that coordinate and maintain equilibrium.

----

I hardy made it out of bed this morning, and ended up crumpled in a heap on the bathroom floor.  I've been in bed ever since, trying not to move my head at all.

Even with a 2 hour nap, it still feels like I am permanently spinning.  Barf...

My giant baking bowl has been holding guard just in case I need to use it.

I am not sure if anything can be done - I've heard some people with MS can take a short course of steroids or anti-motion sickness medication.  I put in a call to the nurse anyway.

I guess this means I have no choice but to sleep away the weekend... right boys?




No comments:

Post a Comment