Wednesday 23 July 2014

A decision


I have been hemming and hawing for a long time now.  A really long time.

I was wondering what was going to have to happen in order for me to make this drug decision.

I think it happened today.

(and it has nothing to do with MS, or health, or anything, really).

My car unexpectedly needed new tires and new brakes.  I needed to hand over a lot of money.  I was emotional and stressed.  And when it came time to pay, and the job hadn't been done to completion (or to my satisfaction), I called them out on it.  It was nice to feel in control, and to argue for something I felt wasn't done right.

And for whatever reason, this event made something click.  I could stick up for myself, and coherently explain what needed to be done.

When I got home, I emailed the MS nurse and told her I had made a decision.  I am going to go with Gilenya.

Firstly - it will be covered by Pharmacare.  Secondly - it's been almost 2 months, and I still haven't heard a peep about whether Lemtrada will be covered by my extended health plan. 

Too slow.  I need to move on. 

Deep breaths.  I made a decision!  Now I need to arrange for my preliminary tests on my heart and eyes. 

But first - almost time to head to the place I spent my summers growing up.  Some time on Skaha Lake.  My very favourite happy place.



No comments:

Post a Comment