Thursday 21 August 2014

A year in review


Today is my "MS-iversary," as I've come to call it.  Two years exactly.

It's amazing how fast things can change.

How your life alters and normal becomes redefined.

The day-by-day lifestyle that comes with a neurodegenerative disease is hard.  I try, so much, not to let it consume me.

It wins sometimes.

There have been relapses, new permanence to symptoms, and more appointments than I ever imagined.

But, there has also been a great outpouring of support.  Support from people I hardly know.  From people I've known forever.  Thank you.

This past week has involved a lot of waiting.  In my world - waiting equals stress.

I repeated my abnormal heart tests, had my blood work done - it's been almost a week.  I haven't heard anything.  The waiting is killing me.  And everyone is suddenly on vacation.  At this point, I don't have a clue what's going on in terms of starting Gilenya.

Adding anxious to anxious is never good.

But, all that being said, year two has been easier.

My type-A self has learned to live with the what-ifs a little better.  The appointments don't scare me (as much).  I conquered the injections.

So, today?  Do I do something special?

As life has it - it is also A&W's Cruisin' to End MS.  $1 from every Teen Burger sold goes to the MS Society of Canada. 

I can't think of a better way to mark this day.  A donation and some awareness.

Huge thanks to A&W Canada, who have raised over $5 million to help people with MS since starting this event.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit to not having read your blog for a while but I am so glad I did this afternoon. It's so great to see your positivity come through the page (or should that be screen...!?). Best of luck for this coming year, from your post above it looks like it's got off to a good start already :)
    Anyway, I will endeavor to keep more up to date this year! It should be a little easier as I am attempting to write my own blog for my crazy year ahead so I'll be online more often!
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete