Friday 5 September 2014

Mommy-school


Day 4 of Gilenya.

I can feel my immune system shutting off already.

It took every ounce of energy to simply get out of bed.  The exhaustion is incredible.

My head hurts, my lymph nodes are swollen and sore, and it appears that the mouth ulcers have started.

This is so hard with 2 kids at home.  One of whom should have started school four days ago.

And I am not happy.

I am not happy because our government prefers hiding behind accusatory rhetoric over solving this issue.  Our kids deserve a better system of schooling.  They deserve smaller class sizes, more EAs, more resources, and happy, well-treated teachers.

I want my kids to be in school.  I want them to be learning. 

But I seem to be left no choice right now.

So today, we will do our best.  We devised this, with seven-year-old input, until our current provincial lunacy stops:

 

Honestly - I have no clue what I am doing.  I am not qualified to teach.

But, you know what, I owe it to my children to TRY.  To do my best with what we've got.  With what I've got. 

I owe them that.

And so do you, Premier Clark.

No comments:

Post a Comment