Saturday 5 March 2016

Finally redefining

I've written a lot over the years about the idea of a "new normal."  Refusing to acknowledge it, negotiating with it, and finally, accepting it.

I've also written a lot about how MS has affected my kids.  More realistically, perhaps - How I worry it will affect my kids.

Moments like these sum it all up.  Perfectly.



Daily injections don't seem scary to them.  Or intrusive.  They are a regular thing that has to be done.  And yes - this is exactly how I do them.  Right at the table.  The kids can watch, they can help. They can ask questions.

It doesn't faze them in the slightest.  In fact - I think it has helped them embrace MS, and the changes it has brought, in a positive way.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that I'd be doing an injection at the dinner table while J sits right there making a comic book.

And that's exactly what it is.

Normal.


(And if you'd like to support this little helper in his own MS Walk fundraising, click here!)


No comments:

Post a Comment