Thursday 4 October 2018

Yoga

I started practicing yoga decades ago.

I loved it. 

It was all kinds - Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Meditative.  I even threw some Pilates in there.  Each with its distinct benefits.

I stopped as life got busier and my MS made my balance really bad.

Some days I teeter around for no reason, other than my brain and spinal cord attacking my body.  There was not going to be any one-leg balancing, as I used to do.

But thanks to some gentle pushing from my sister, I have started again.

I don't need an adaptive class, as I am still mostly able, and thankfully am familiar with the types of poses done in each type of class, so am able to foresee what each class will involve. 

I am back in yin yoga (where you hold the poses for extended periods of time). 

It started today and I feel excited and refreshed.  My body knew exactly what to do.  And I could do it for hours.  As if I had never stopped. 

I feel good.  Thank you Vayusha Yoga Studio.

Crappy balance aside, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself!





No comments:

Post a Comment