Monday 24 February 2020

Exercise and MS

I'm very familiar with pain.

And coordination problems.

And intense fatigue.

Living with MS is hard. Its constant. Its painful and debilitating and sometimes depressing.

But I've learned that the only things I can control in life are my choices and my reactions.  Especially with regard to my MS.  The disease itself is not mine to puppeteer.

And MS won't stop me.  Pain won't stop me, imbalance won't stop me.

They never have.  Maybe I'm stubborn or maybe I'm determined.

I've made the choice to do what I can with my body, and to embrace my ever-changing abilities.  But I felt I needed some help to guide my physical activity in the right direction.

I started working with Tara Zorn, personal trainer, of Tara Zorn Fitness, to work on keeping my body healthy and strong, especially as I age with a disease like MS.  I wanted to become stronger, to become more familiar with my abilities, and to work with my pain and myriad of symptoms.

Exercise and moving is what our bodies are supposed to do.  And if we stop completely because of pain or any other symptom, it weakens us, it ages us, and it makes us unhealthy.

Tara knows this, and her motto is actually "Believing exercise heals."

And I believe it now.

Not in the sense that exercise will "cure" my MS, but in the sense that having a stronger, healthy body will make me more equipped to live with me MS.  Make me happier and less stressed.

And things are going really well with my new regime.  I can do things I never expected, while still listening to my body closely, and I am surprising myself!

I've been having constant foot pain for four months now, and haven't been able to walk much at all.  Not being able to walk has affected my mood and my body.  But Tara finds exercises for me that don't affect my foot pain or even always involve my feet.  Its been amazingly helpful.

My normal isn't what it used to be, and I need to make accommodations for my MS.  But moving and exercising, plus being conscious of what I consume (and no after dinner snacking!), makes me stronger physically and mentally.

I'm losing weight, losing inches, gaining muscle, and feeling awesome about myself.  Even while living with pain and a degenerative disease.

Thank you Tara, for pushing me to keep going.  And for working with me through MS and all the challenges that come with it.





24 comments:

  1. The vast majority of the days it happens that we will in general disregard our day by day practice system by not setting off to the exercise center similarly because of it's too path from our home or work place. Fabricate sure that area of the exercise center in NJ be around your home or work place, making the fitness community essentially open to you. laboratory microscopes


    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I discover something harder on distinct blogs everyday. Most commonly it is stimulating to learn content using their company writers and practice a little from their site. I’d choose to apply certain using the content on my own weblog regardless of whether you do not mind. Naturally I’ll supply you with a link on your web blog. Thank you sharing Natasha Aughey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many men make excuses not to learn ballroom dancing (or social dancing in general). They will often argue that it is because dancing is not for them or not manly enough. The truth is that they are actually intimidated by the idea. Indeed learning to dance socially is confronting. But that's part of the reason why men should take it on. It is a challenge, but one well worth the effort. This article explains why men should take on this challenge and what the benefits are. Pole Dancing for Fitness & Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are belted by the query as to why i should learn to dance as when you are eager to learn dancing, there are many benefits that come through the form of dancing. As when you take efforts to learn to dance, it becomes an ideal platform that offers a great workout as it also offers splendid opportunities to make new Belly Dancing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemonade is one of the best energy drink after exercise or workout. Further, this drink not enhances the weight of the body. No doubt it is the best drink. Best Juice For Weight Loss In The Morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adoro questa azienda SAESE ei suoi prodotti !! Health and wellness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done this workouts like started following Brooke Wells

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A large portion of these hazardous CBD oil items are developed and fabricated in China, Mexico, and various underdeveloped nations that do almost no oversight in the items they sell. THC free

    ReplyDelete

  11. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here:school steam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a diabetic you most likely know... particularly on the off chance that you are following the Beating Diabetes diet... that standard exercise is beneficial for you. alpha gpc side effects

    ReplyDelete
  13. online fitness equipment shop uk I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... best magnetic resistance rowing machines

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me.weightlossplr

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm happy to see the considerable subtle element here!. 미프진

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. catchy store names

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more. best spin bike seats

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bodybuilding peptides Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.ythub.cc

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! Crazybulk reviews

    ReplyDelete