Sunday 7 October 2012

Life is a verb

Today I was gifted this book.



There is so much truth right there in that cover.  The title itself is enough get-up-and-go to inspire anyone.  Whether that inspiration means overcoming an obstacle, intervening in one's life, or dealing with something surprising and upsetting.

The awesomeness that is this book starts with:

"At some point in your life, you'll only have 37 days to live.  Maybe that day is today.  Maybe not."

That thought then progresses to "what would I be doing today if I only had 37 days to live?"

The answer begins with the realization that it wasn't about up-rooting life altogether but rather "was about living each individual, glorious day with more intention.  It was simply about saying yes, being generous, speaking up, loving more, trusting myself, and slowing down.  It was about fully inhabiting the life I have."

S - your generosity brought me to tears today.  Friendship and understanding truly are some of my greatest gifts in life.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. This seems like a fantastic book! The only daily intentions I seem to follow through with, these days, are nap-related.
    Wishing you much more productive intentions. Love.

    ReplyDelete