Tuesday 12 March 2013

The waterworks

Last night I cried until my face was red and my eyelids were puffy.

I finally cried.

And I'm not sure what sparked it.

I have been sharing my story with the MS Society, to help bring awareness to the disease and encourage fundraising - so maybe it was that?  My entire family has been sick with the flu for a week - maybe it was the exhaustion from that?  I had just done my nightly injection, hit a vein, bled everywhere, and was left with a very ugly and sore bruise - could have been that too.

It was an evening that culminated in all the aspects of this I don't like.  The exhaustion, the physical marks and scars.  And perhaps the hardest - the emotional.  Thinking about, remembering, and talking about the moment of my diagnosis.  It's a hard memory to process.  Still.

But I cried.  I got some of that energy out.

It was liberating.  I felt free just sitting there, ugly-crying about my MS. 

And sometimes, all you need is 10 minutes to freak out.

And funnily enough - the morning comes, life continues  School drop-offs are made, rousing games of trains are had.  A visit to the book fair excites everyone.

And then you wonder what all the fuss was about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment