Saturday 15 June 2013

The (un)mentionables...

Almost two months on Copaxone, and I feel like rewriting its accompanied 10-page booklet of potential side effects.

Let's start with... acne.  That dreaded word I haven't heard in decades.  It's me and the 14 year old boys fighting it out down the zit aisle.  Many dollars later, it hasn't changed.  I've tried toothpaste too.  Nothing.

And to top that... weight gain.  In that special little area I haven't thought about since my birthing years.  The mid-body tire.  Just enough to make everything fit just a little too snug.  Enough to make me covet those disgusting maternity pants I lived in for months.  The inheritance of my Grandmother's hips.  The Mamas out there know exactly what I am talking about.  I am eating perfectly - lots of whole foods, greens, berries, "safe for MS protein" - yet alas, no change.  The wine, which is needed for desperate times, is still here, of course.

----

In case you hadn't heard, some lovely friends of mine decided to nominate me for Walmart's "Mom of the year" contest.  I was completely flabbergasted.  So flattered.  Yet can't help but feel undeserving of such an honour.  I have read through the profiles of some of the other Moms, and am blown away.  These are some fantastic Mamas!  What a compliment to be included alongside them.

Thank you, Ina and Pam, for your humbling words and love.

Click below if you'd like to read it:

No comments:

Post a Comment