Tuesday 29 October 2013

20 questions

Copying my son's grade 1 routine for show-and-tell, plus responding to cries of tell us more about YOU...

Lists and questions:  two of my favourite things!

Here goes.


1. The book that changed my life:  "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho.

2. The quote that keeps me sane:  "This too shall pass."

3. The best advice I’ve ever received:  Always tuck away a little "fun money."

4. The film I’ve watched again and again:  Love Actually.

5. The song I want played at my funeral:  Pass In Time - Beth Orton;  Sweetest Decline - Beth Orton;  Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine.

6. The scent that evokes pleasant memories:  The soap my Grandma used to use - plain old Ivory, I think?

7. The piece of furniture that will become an heirloom:  Does anyone want sharpie-covered Ikea crap?  My favourite David Hockney painting from Saltaire, UK.

8. First job:  *cringe*.... Fairweather (clothes) at Richmond Centre.

9. Favourite item in wardrobe:  My Tiffany horseshoe necklace.

10. Pet peeve:  Noise.

11. Greatest accomplishment:  My kids.

12. The gadget that I can’t live without:  Laptop, cell phone.

13. The item I’d save in a fire:  (excluding people, of course) My boxes of mementos.

14. The characteristic I like most in myself:  Being organized (!)

15. The characteristic I like least in myself:  Impatience; bossiness.

16. The last time I cried:  The ugly cry:  While watching "When I Walk" at the Vancouver International Film Festival.  The regular cry:  Pretty much every day!

17. It was the best of times...:  Moving overseas completely alone in 2001.  It prepared me for everything else that came in life.

18. It was the worst of times...:  When my step-Dad died in 2002.  I didn't get to say goodbye. 
When I was diagnosed with MS in 2012.

19. The person I call when things go pear-shaped:  I am lucky to have lots of listening ears... But I'd probably start with my mom and sister.

20. My death row dinner:  Turkey dinner.  Extra stuffing, extra gravy.  With lots of wine...


No comments:

Post a Comment