Monday 14 October 2013

Thankful

I do feel thankful this year - I think I always will.

For the important, the mundane, and the silly things in life.

I am thankful for my boys (exasperation included) and my family.  I am thankful they are healthy, full of adventure, and happy.  And I am thankful there isn't quite as much pee on the toilet seat as there used to be...

I am also thankful for when I get to sleep in.  Or nap.

I am thankful for my friends.  For laughs, company, and grown-up conversation.

I am thankful for good food; wine; lipstick; a nice new pair of slippers.

I am thankful for our healthcare system, my wonderful doctors and nurses, and my $30,000 worth of medication - all for free.

I am thankful for good books, good TV, and amusing, junky social media.

I am thankful for being able to focus on my kids and my health - without the added stress of work and commuting.  I am lucky we can afford to do this.

All things considered, I'm a pretty fortunate gal.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment