Monday 28 April 2014

Elusive sleep

MRI day has arrived. 

I have to be up in about 5 hours.  And of course, cannot sleep.  I've tried all of my tricks - prescription and otherwise.

You know that feeling where your brain just won't shut off?  That gets amplified and everything becomes an issue. 

My pillow feels funny - Did someone move my perfect pillow?  It feels "wrong."  I'm hungry.  And it's way too hot in here.

This is probably the process that has become the most unfamiliar to me.  I still get so anxious.  Brain and spinal cord MRIs so often I've lost count.  Maybe 6 in the past year and a half?  Getting fried (figuratively, of course) for an hour so early in the morning is just so wrong.

Digression aside, fingers crossed for no changes in my brain, and most importantly - some sleep!

(or maybe a nap tomorrow.... anyone want to take my kid?)


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment