Sunday 6 April 2014

One week to go!

Who knew I had such skills as a broken record...

The MS Walk is in one week, and I haven't stopped my fundraising efforts yet.

Let me tell you why this is so important to me. 

Helping the MS Society raise money gives me hope for my future.  It helps me feel more at ease with what is happening to my body every day (even when I can't feel my leg or arm, or my brain gets muddled, or I can't see properly, or I lose my balance and fall).  It helps me worry less about medication costs (about $50,000 a year).  And it helps me tame my how-much-worse-is-this-going-to-get thoughts.

It makes me hopeful that this disease will one day have a cure.

And I do feel hopeful.  Very much so.

Events like this walk help create that feeling.  Being surrounded by people who love and support you, even if you don't see them every day, means more than anything in this world.

One week until Making Lemonade breaks out all that yellow stuff...

If you'd like to make a donation, click here.

Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment