Friday 2 August 2013

Emotional ebb and flow

It's hard not to be melancholy right now.  Sad even. 

Despite expelling every ounce of energy into being positive about my MS, as we approach the anniversary of my diagnosis, it seems to be hitting me harder than I expected.

I thought I'd be feeling proud of myself - for the fundraising and awareness I have worked so hard on.  For my personal efforts to not let this disease consume me.

But right now - it feels very all-consuming.

Simply going through the motions becomes exhausting.

But, with any disease, the emotions vary so much - each day becomes the unexpected.  And the unexpected becomes the confusing. 

Today, I can't help but reflect on the past year.  It's been a whirl of activity and appointments and upsetting news.

Perhaps tomorrow will be different.   I'll blame the rain.

What a game this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment