Wednesday 28 August 2013

Sleep

Remember that episode of Seinfeld with the "Jimmy legs?"

I feel like that - but in an all-over sense. 

Sleep has not been coming easy.  My hands are twitching, my nerves are jumping, my skin still has that crawling sensation.

MS and sleep problems seem to go hand in hand.  From neuronal damage, increasing MS symptoms, mood changes, heat intolerance.

And ironically, the debilitating MS fatigue is always present, yet so is the sleeplessness.  Lose-lose.

Hard to be fresh-faced and ready for a day with the ruffians.

I've been told it shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to fall asleep.  MS or not, that has never happened.  Ever.  I am a terrible sleeper - everything needs to be just right; perfect. 

Apparently doing something active (I would usually go the passive TV route) is good, as it can help increase levels of exhaustion.  But wait...  There are levels of exhaustion?  It can get worse? 

Cause at this point I would hand over a crisp $100 bill to the sleep fairy if she came right now.

I hope blogging about sleep, or lack thereof, at 12:30 in the morning will do the trick.

And back to the Jimmy legs...



1 comment:

  1. For a moment there I thought that was a picture of you and me!

    ReplyDelete