Wednesday 7 August 2013

MRI update

My big spinal cord lesion, which is a transverse lesion, at C4, has increased in size a small amount.  This is since my last cervical spinal cord MRI last October.

The lesion is classified as "high intensity," in imaging terms.

As for what this means for me, right now - not much.  But I think it does prove, as expected, that most of my current disease activity is spinal cord related.

Treatment will continue as normal.

Tomorrow I meet with my Neuro-Ophthalmologist to check my right eye.  It's been over a year since the acute optic neuritis, and although most of my vision is back, it has never returned to normal.  Vision, some colour perception, and peripheral acuity are all still very much affected.

Upwards and onwards..... I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment