Sunday 2 September 2012

Staycation

It's been 1 night of complete alone-ness.  It was time for me to pack a bag and head downtown to a nice hotel, to surround myself with my thoughts, and start this "dealing" process.  I wanted to have time, sans-kids, to think about medication, appointments, and to start imagining life with my new reality.

Instead - how it seems to be transpiring - is time to enjoy myself - drink too much wine, eat too many doritos, watch too much Dexter.  Classy, eh?  And it's nice.  I am not thinking too much about the MS.  I am not thinking too much about my appointment with the nurse on Tuesday for my injection tutorial.  It has turned into a soul-refuel, a chance to relax and unwind, and listen to the silence.  This surprises me greatly.  How have I managed to get to this mental space?  Is it just the chance in location?  The fact that it's just me here?  No kids, no cooking, no cleaning?  Yeah, probably.  But I'll take it.  I'll bask in it for just one more night.

So here I sit - in my giant king sized bed, with, yes, nine fluffy feather pillows.  My view of the city, and the promise of an entre day to treat my soul.

This is a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment