Monday 27 May 2013

Quilted love

Today, I feel so blessed.

So loved.  And so supported.

There was a knock on the door and my mail carrier passed me a large box.  I wasn't expecting anything, so was really startled.  I noticed the return address (ahem, Becky!), so knew it was something from my family of Mamas around the country.

It is the most amazing - homemade - quilt.

I burst into tears and Oliver stood next to me saying 'Woooooow!  Wow!"

It is beautiful.  And it incorporates so many sentimental aspects - the lemon fabric, the lemonade poem, the hearts and love - and such beautiful, amazing colours.

I love it.  And cannot even begin to express my gratitude.  The planning, time, and commitment making this quilt would have consumed - and it is for me.  To give me a warm hug when I need it.  And to gently remind me that I am loved.

Thank you, friends, from the bottom of my heart.  I am truly privileged to have you all in my life.




1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! So glad you love it Sarah... You are very deserving. :)

    ReplyDelete