Wednesday 29 May 2013

World MS Day

Today, May 29th, is world MS day.

For me, it's a chance to reflect on how MS has affected my life - and how I can continue to ease myself into this.  Let it be a part of my life - and be okay with that.

It's a chance to think about medications, diet, lifestyle.

A chance to do everything I can to bring awareness to the cause. 

To understand, and appreciate, the scientific advancements.

And to hope for better treatments, and someday, a cure.

My journey with MS has just begun, yet it has been the most intense time of my life.  More overwhelming than anything I have encountered.  Harder than finishing two degrees, having two children, building a career.  Becoming part of the MS community, meeting others who understand, and sharing my story - that has been my outlet.  Writing, thinking, speaking - it helps.  So much. 

Recognizing days like today is so important.  It makes me proud to be part of such an amazing group of strong people.



 photo 31ac4299-dd20-414c-81c0-ad248b39f22a_zpsb56ea960.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment