Friday 10 May 2013

Steroids, again

Today, I am "MS girl."

From behind the curtains of urgent care, I could hear the nurses calling me that.

It's different down here than up in the MS infusion room.  Very clinical and very rushed.

After a week of my now-usual tingling and numbness on my left side, I awoke to a completely numb right arm.

It was time to make a call.

After lots of behind the scenes arrangements in Neurology, the information was passed through the nurse to my Neurologist, who ordered the IV prednisone and asked me to come in to UBC urgent care. 

I need three days of infusion, and the MS clinic is not open on weekends.  Urgent care is.

So here I sit - for the second time in less than three months. 

It's hard not to think about the failed Rebif, the new Copaxone, and now the Prednisone - again.  And hope that something works. 

I really hope, in this mess of medications, injections and infusions, something - anything - works.

It's hard not to feel defeated.

And frustrated.

But just for the camera, I smiled:



It'll be a fun (Mother's Day!) weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you smiled for the camera, it's a beautiful smile!

    In all the craziness, I've only just now taken a minute to get caught up with you....and see we have plenty in common - at least where struggles and snuggles are concerned.

    You're a brave, strong, inspiring woman - look forward to chatting with you more, it's always nice to talk to someone who even kind of gets it, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em! Now YOU are amazing! I am in awe of your attitude and bright smile. Keep healing :)

    ReplyDelete