Wednesday 3 April 2013

Done

I am officially done with Rebif.  Technically it's called a "Rebif failure" - my relapses are increasing and my physical reactions are still bad, six months into using this medication.

To celebrate, I emptied my sharps bin from the past 6 months:


I am feeling defeated.

All of this, and nothing to show for it.  In my mind I had decided this was the drug for me.  It was going to reduce my relapses and lessen my lesions.  Nope.  In fact, just the opposite.  It really is frustrating.  And especially now - as my hearing keeps getting worse and worse. 

It's odd - my hearing is greatly reduced in one ear, yet any sounds that I can hear, close up, get greatly amplified and it feels like my brain is going to explode.  Not fun with 2 young (and loud!) boys...

So, upwards and onwards right?  Tomorrow I figure out what to try next and when...

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of you, Sarah. I hope you saw the article in the Sun today. Hold onto the hope.

    http://bit.ly/XPuXYO

    ReplyDelete