Thursday 11 April 2013

Old vs. new

I think one of the hardest things to accept with MS is comparing the old to the new.

We spend years - decades - developing ourselves, nurturing our personalities.  Defining who we are. 

And then something happens - snap - and it all gets turned upside down.

We try, so hard, not to let it.  But it does.

So we keep working.  And keep working...

And I think it has to be a process. 

I often wonder how long it will take before there is not that constant before vs. after comparison.  Going with the flow and accepting that this my new normal.

----

I haven't even started my Copaxone yet, but it is hard not to think about the little things that are now part of my daily reality. 

If I am out for the evening, my meds come with me - needle, sharps container, and all.  What if I go to the movies?  To a concert?  It seems as though my drug-company paraphernalia will be accompanying me to many places indeed.

----

Sometimes, when you are not feeling so great mentally, you need to do something physically to make you happy.

I've been feeling very dull, very blah, and very tired lately.  So, I checked myself out of bedtime-duty and headed out in search of a pop of colour.

If it provides even a second of smiling, then it's worth a shot:






No comments:

Post a Comment